Autumn means apple cider, pumpkins, and falling leaves, but it also means that Winter is right around the corner. Even though it's warm in Carlsbad, you probably enjoy the chilly weather, bundling up under a blanket, and drinking a steaming cup of hot chocolate like the rest of us. But this Winter, the weather can take a toll on your vehicle. Winterization of your car is critical especially if you plan to drive into the mountains or out of state.
Fall is the perfect season to prepare your vehicle for holiday travel, especially as the temperatures have not yet dropped and are still relatively warm. Preventative maintenance before Winter is officially here helps ensure your vehicle's longevity and driveability during the colder months. The team at Carlsbad Auto Service will perform these steps, along with others, when winterizing your vehicle:
- If needed, our technicians will flush and put new antifreeze in your cooling system. Typically, this procedure is completed every two years.
- We will perform a thorough inspection of your vehicle's heater, defroster, and wipers. Windshield wipers should be replaced every six months.
- Your battery and charging system will be carefully examined, as the colder weather makes your battery work extra hard.
- Our team will check your vehicle's tire tread depth and tire pressure. If you plan on frequently driving on the snow and ice, you might want to consider special tires.
- Dirty oil can wreak havoc on your vehicle, especially during Winter. Your oil and filter should be changed every five thousand miles.
- Our technicians will thoroughly inspect your vehicle's brakes, as they are one of your vehicle's most essential safety components.
- Your headlights, tail lights and signal lights will also be properly examined.
Preventative maintenance is essential to your vehicle's safety. When the weather gets colder and wetter, you need each car component to perform in tip-top shape. November is the perfect time to bring your vehicle to our shop and have our technicians make sure your car is ready for whatever Mother Nature is planning to throw our way this Winter. Schedule an appointment today for an inspection. We look forward to seeing you at our shop, located at 3181 Tyler Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.