The holidays are quickly approaching! In the wake of COVID-19, holidays might look a little different this year, but visiting our families is one of the biggest joys of the season. If you are still planning a holiday trip this year, the team at Carlsbad Auto Service wants you to feel safe and stress-free while you combat any holiday traffic.
Dealing with holiday traffic is also easier when your vehicle is properly serviced. We encourage you to bring your vehicle to our shop for an inspection, and we will make sure each component of your vehicle is ready for winter, including holiday traffic. To escape the heartache and headache of traffic, follow these tips:
- Plan ahead! Holiday traffic peaks the day before Thanksgiving and two days before and after Christmas. If you are planning to drive or fly anywhere, try to avoid traveling on these days.
- Don’t forget to get digital, especially if you are driving with little ones. If you have a big road trip ahead and are traveling with children, we recommend planning and downloading plenty of entertainment on your devices. This way, if you travel through an area without service, you will be prepared, and your little ones will be able to stay busy.
- Leave early! If you are on a tight schedule, everything seems much more stressful. Give yourself some breathing room by leaving an hour or so earlier than expected.
- Make sure to pack snacks and water. This doesn’t necessarily have to do with driving, but the drive will seem to go that much slower if you are hungry or thirsty. We recommend bringing plenty of water and packing several of your favorite snacks!
- Eliminate all distractions. When you are stuck in traffic, you can’t help but want to reach for your phone. However, distracted driving is the leading cause of rear-end accidents in slow traffic.
- Patience is key! If you find yourself getting anxious or stressed, just remind yourself why you are on the road to begin with -- to be with your loved ones. You need to make it to your destination safe, and staying calm and collected is how you do so.
The team at Carlsbad Auto Service wants you to have a stress-free holiday season. We encourage you to bring your vehicle to our shop, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises while on the road. Schedule an appointment today for an inspection. We look forward to seeing you at our shop, located at 3181 Tyler Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.