There seems to be an app for everything! The App Store is inundated with apps, and it can be challenging to find the best automotive apps -- it’s like finding a needle in the haystack. Fortunately, the team at Carlsbad Auto Service is here to help. We have compiled a list of the most useful and helpful automotive apps out there.
- Carcorder: Dashcams are becoming more and more popular. These are especially helpful in matters of security, as they capture even the smallest details. If you are in an accident, a dashcam can be a source of invaluable information. If you are looking for an alternative to a dashcam, Carcorder is the app for you. This app will transform your phone into a dashcam, while even tracking your location and letting you know if you are driving over the speed limit. Carcorder is for iPhones.
- AutoMate: This app is specific to Androids, and it allows you to turn your phone into a hands-free command center. You can easily use Google Maps, send messages, listen to different music apps, and use other voice commands.
- TomTom: This app is available for both iOS and Android phones, and TomTom is an excellent alternative to your standard GPS device. This app isn’t your typical map app either, as it provides you with speed camera warnings. TomTom is also designed to be clutter-free and easy to use.
- Beat the Traffic: If you usually have to commute to work every day and struggle with an influx of traffic, you need to download Beat the Traffic right away. This app helps you find the fastest routes while avoiding traffic jams. You also get real-time traffic updates. If you need to get somewhere fast without being stuck in traffic, Beat the Traffic is the perfect Android app for you.
- GasBuddy: Driving isn’t the cheapest thing to do. However, with GasBuddy, you can easily save money. This app will show you the least expensive gas stations in your region with the prices visibility listed. You can also use the app to search for price based on your zip code or location. GasBuddy is free to use, and you can submit prices you see to make sure the information is correct.
Unfortunately, there isn’t an app that can service your vehicle! The team at Carlsbad Auto Service will ensure your visit to our shop for maintenance or repair is as easy and stress-free as installing an app. We are here to help. Schedule an appointment today for an inspection. We look forward to seeing you at our shop, located at 3181 Tyler Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.