First and foremost, the team at Carlsbad Auto Service would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! We couldn't be more grateful for our customers throughout 2020, especially during such challenging times. We are looking forward to seeing what 2021 has to offer, and we can't wait to see many of you in the upcoming year for your next service.
We are all always looking for ways to improve and grow, and New Year's resolutions are an excellent way to set the tone for the rest of the year as well as give ourselves something to strive for. This year, we have come up with New Year's resolutions for better and safer driving, as being safe on the roads is always of the utmost importance.
The team at Carlsbad Auto Service recommends the following New Year's resolutions for better and safer driving:
- Say 'no' to distracted driving. Did you know that nine people die every day due to distracted driving? This statistic is sobering and a reminder of why we should always keep our full attention on the road. Distracted driving is more than just texting and driving; it can also include eating and drinking or even changing the music.
- Drive the speed limit or as close to the speed limit as possible. It is easy to step on the gas and speed on, but speeding is a factor in about one third of fatal car crashes. Slow and steady always wins the race!
- Keep an eye on your little ones. Make sure your kids are buckled up. If your little ones are under age 8, they should be in a car seat. If they are under age 12, they should be in the back seat.
- Make sure to signal and stop at red lights. This resolution seems simple, but you would be surprised to learn how many individuals forget about using their blinkers and run through red lights. Using your blinker could prevent nearly two million accidents a year.
- Drive courteously. It is easy to get frustrated with other drivers on the road, especially when they are zooming in front of you or suddenly stepping on their brakes. The team at Carlsbad Auto Service wants you to take a minute, breathe, and remember to treat everyone with kindness and compassion, especially in current circumstances.
- Properly maintain your vehicle. Performing routine service will preserve your vehicle's longevity and reliability, which means your vehicle will drive better and safer. Not only will you avoid an unexpected breakdown, but you will save money in the long-run. Our team often identifies and addresses issues before they turn into bigger and more expensive problems.
The team at Carlsbad Auto Service is here to help you get a great start on the new year. Together, we can accomplish your goals and keep you and your vehicle safe on the road. Schedule an appointment today for preventative maintenance. We look forward to seeing you at our shop, located at 3181 Tyler Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.