The sun is starting to appear from behind the clouds, the temperature is slowly warming up, and the flowers are beginning to bloom -- all signs that Spring is almost here. Not only does Spring signify that Winter is officially over, but it also means it is time for Spring cleaning. We might have already started on our house, dusting off all the cobwebs and mothballs as we put our winter jackets away, but we can’t forget about our vehicles.
Winter truly takes a toll on your vehicle, not only on the exterior but on the inside too -- our little ones can’t help but track in all that dirt, mud, and grime. The team at Carlsbad Auto Service has compiled a few tips and tricks to help you carefully and thoroughly clean your vehicle’s exterior and interior:
- First, let’s start with your vehicle’s carpeting and upholstery. We recommend beginning by using a damp towel to wash down the seats. If you notice any debris, mud, or dirt, you can use a portable vacuum for a deep clean.
- Next, turn to your vehicle’s console. Using car cleaning wipers, you can carefully wipe down your vehicle’s console, getting rid of all that pesky buildup and dust. Don’t forget about your vehicle’s cup holders either. Those spots get filled with crumbs and other debris. You can also use a wet cloth or car cleaning wipes to clean the top of your vehicle’s dashboard. However, make sure you dry each area thoroughly.
- Now, it is time to organize your vehicle. When the weather drops, we all hurry to get in and out of the car as quickly as possible, which means we might have left trash, debris, or other items behind. You can take this time to organize your vehicle, cleaning out all the compartments where you might have tucked away tidbits of mail, trash, or anything else you might come across.
- Visibility is critical, so don’t forget about your windows! After Winter, your vehicle’s windows might need a little extra attention. Using a window cleaner, you can clean your windows inside and out for the ultimate shine.
- After your interior and windows, we recommend turning to your vehicle's exterior -- a good car washing is up next and of utmost importance. Your first car wash of Spring needs to get all that winter grime out of your vehicle’s tiny corners and edges. You can use a soft towel and car washing soap, or even mild detergent for the ultimate clean.
- After you have cleaned both the exterior and interior of your vehicle, it is time to have a thorough inspection of your vehicle. This is where the team at Carlsbad Auto Service comes in. We will check your vehicle and perform the necessary maintenance, such as fluid exchanges or windshield wiper replacements, to ensure your vehicle is ready to go for Spring.
We are looking forward to seeing what Spring has in store for us. The team at Carlsbad Auto Service wants to make sure your vehicle is ready for whatever plans you have for the upcoming season. Schedule an appointment today for preventative maintenance. We look forward to seeing you at our shop, located at 3181 Tyler Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.