Communication with our Service Consultants is the Key to Great Auto Repair Service at Carlsbad Auto Service
How well is your communication with your Carlsbad Auto Service “auto repair” Consultant? Carlsbad Auto Service suggests that you always keep detailed records of your vehicle’s repairs. In this article you can learn about the importance of clear communication with the Service Consultant at Carlsbad Auto Service.
If your car has a problem, you may hold the key to unlocking the solution. After all, you know your car better than anyone, and will be first to notice if its performance changes. The more information you can share with the service consultant and technician about what you are experiencing, the better prepared they will be to identify the problem in a timely and cost effective manner.
To prevent forgetting anything, it can be helpful to put your observations in writing before you head to the shop. Once there, be honest and practice full disclosure. If another shop worked on your vehicle recently, or you tried to fix the problem yourself, tell the repair shop and technician because this will affect how they approach the diagnosis.
Even if you fear some of your observations are silly or irrelevant, state them anyway. Something that seems minor to you could save the repair shop and technician a lot of time, and you a lot of money. Clear and thorough communication is key to resolving car problems in a timely and cost effective manner. When you do your part by sharing information, everyone benefits.
An article written at news.carjunky.com, “The Benefits of Communication and Auto Repairs,” suggests the following:
“Seniors: Good Communication Vital to Quality Auto Repairs…yes, older folks are very detailed when it comes to talking about car maintenance and repair.
A poll of ASE-certified automotive technicians indicated that drivers over 60 are among the most conscientious when it comes to taking their vehicles in for routine maintenance and repair.
Carlsbad Auto Service reminds consumers that good communication between shop and customer can help make the repair process go smoothly.
“Professionally run repair establishments recognize the importance of two-way communications, just as you would with your physician, be prepared to discuss your vehicle’s aches and pains once you are at the repair shop.” – ASE’s editorial director
The following suggestions from Carlsbad Auto Service should make the repair process go smoothly:
Don’t ignore what your vehicle is telling you. Look for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts and hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs and whether it is constant or periodic.
- Stay involved; communicate your findings:
Be prepared to describe any symptoms. At Carlsbad Auto Service, you will speak with a service consultant initially, rather than with the technician.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give to the technician or service consultant.
- Do not be embarrassed to request simple definitions of technical terms.
- Ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, make a note of shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees and acceptable methods of payment.
- Keep a record of all repairs and service.