Spring is officially here, and we are starting to see the telltale signs of this season: clocks have already sprung forward, the sun is beginning to peek out from behind the clouds, and blooming flowers are beginning to sprinkle along the roadside. Yet, spring also means spring showers! We all know the saying: April showers mean May flowers! The team at Carlsbad Auto Service wants you to stay safe out there. Here is how to deal with spring rainstorms:
Make sure to slow down on those wet and slippery roads! Rain is the deadliest weather-related driving hazard. Spring showers result in slick roads because water is mixing with oil in the pavement. The first 10 minutes of light rain is the most dangerous for hydroplaning, especially if you are driving at speeds above 35 mph. This means you need to slow down during those spring rainstorms.
- Sometimes, we see those large puddles on the pavement, and we can’t resist the urge to drive through and see the splash! However, this can be dangerous and should be avoided. Make sure to operate in the tracks of vehicles that have driven ahead of you.
- Winter often leaves potholes in its wake, and potholes pose a risk to both the safety and condition of your vehicle. When driving, keep an eye out for those potholes. If you can, try to drive around these potholes.
- When it is raining out, you need your wiper blades more than ever! Your wiper blades are your first line of defense against Mother Nature, and during winter, your wiper blades are working extra hard. Before we are inundated with spring showers, we recommend bringing your vehicle to Carlsbad Auto Service for wiper blade replacement.
- Your tires typically lose pressure during wintertime, so it is a good idea to bring your vehicle to Carlsbad Auto Service for an inspection performed by our qualified technicians.
- Don’t forget about the animals. With spring here, we can expect to see more animals out on the road. Since winter has ended, they are now getting out and about. Be extra vigilant at dawn and dusk when their visibility is diminished.
At Carlsbad Auto Service, your safety is our top priority! We want you to be safe during all seasons, from fall to summer. Now is the perfect time to bring your vehicle to our shop for a thorough inspection performed by our technicians. Winter can take a toll on your vehicle, and it is our job to make sure your vehicle is performing in tip-top shape. Schedule an appointment today for an inspection. We look forward to seeing you at our shop, located at 3181 Tyler Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.